Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Milepost Zero

I finally reached Dawson Creek, BC so now the trip really starts. Dawson Creek is the starting point for the Alaska Highway, the main reason for coming up here. The funny thing is, the Alaska Highway is about 1000 miles shorter than my total mileage so far. The good thing though is I have two weeks to explore it. I am glad for that because the trip to this point has left me thrashed. Too much, too quick.

From here I will take two or three days to get to Whitehorse, the capital of the Yukon Territory, where I plan to spend a day just enjoying the Northern culture.

I think I saw a timber wolf running across the road into a wheat field just above Grand Prairie. I suppose it could have been a large coyote but it would have been the healthiest coyote I've ever seen.

Trip stats:
· 2144.9 miles
· 38:04 total time
· 31:22 moving time
· 06:42 stopped.

Dawson Creek to Fairbanks: 1462 miles

No comments: