Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leaving on the Midnight Plane

Well, 12:35 AM to be exact. I am sitting in Anchorage International Airport waiting for my flight out. Of course, it is 09:30 PM so I have a while. The main thing is things are rolling and I should be home Friday morning.

I picked up the bike around 1:00, road it, (slowly), to the Allied Van Lines depot, walked back to the bike shop, picked up my rental truck and turned it in. That about sums the day up.

I treated myself to a fine wild king salmon bake and another Alaskan Summer Ale before browsing some more local craft and tourist shops. Downtown Anchorage is really geared for out-of-towners. While all my pictures have been of downtown, Anchorage is a large city just like any other you find in the lower forty-eight.

Looking out the window of the Gate C4 waiting room I can see a fantastic sunset over the harbor and if I look out the window behind me I see the mountains shrouded in clouds. It is quite beautiful. There has never been any doubt about that. Perhaps I can use this whole experience to teach me to take some time and enjoy the journey instead of plowing strait to the destination. Maybe?

There are very few pictures from today but you are welcome to enjoy them.

10AlaskaPhotos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, a well earned journey home !! Glad you are safe and that you enjoyed the splendor of your travels, all things considering of course. Look on the bright side, you will be back in time to clebrate the close of IBN for the 2007 season :D See you soon ! Nino

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.