Friday, June 8, 2007

Utah, Day Two

08:30 – I remember now why I gave up camping; I do not sleep well on the ground. Sure, I have all the hi-tech gear but there is only so much comfort you can get out of a Thermarest pad. But then, discomfort makes for better memories.

Late last evening, after the campground filled up, two women from New Mexico drove through looking for a campsite. My campsite is large so I offered to let them use mine. After dinner they shared some wine with me but the two other single guys in the campground came over and chatted them up for the rest of the evening.

I had a bag of freeze-dried scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast and it was actually very flavorful. It was much better than the teriyaki chicken last night.

1 comment:

dpeabody said...

Oh, stop belly-aching. Your a big boy and can take the cold. :)

That was nice of you to share your camp site. You should have staked your claim and told those chaps to bugger off!

Have you gone on any hikes? I'd love to see the view.