Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Day at Don's Place


DonsBikes060207

Don is more than a motorcycle enthusiast; he is a professional motorcycle enthusiast. Fifteen years ago, I worked for Feetup! magazine as a test rider and Don was my editor. Since then, Don has worked his way up to the motorcycle division of the Robb Report.

Saturday was as close to a perfect day as you can get if you are a motorcyclist. Accompanied by my friend Todd, another former test rider for Feetup! magazine, I road up to Malibu to visit Don for the first time in three years and the first time at his new house. We spent about an hour getting caught up and the rest of the day riding a menagerie of motorcycles through the hills above Malibu.

The three of us swapped between a Harley Nightster, Husqvarna Supermoto, Ducati SR3, and Ducati 1098. The 1098 was the first sport bike I have ever ridden and what a bike for my first experience. It was the most stable bike I have ever ridden. It was fast but not frighteningly so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun. The bikes look fast and the gas was free. Nice going.