After having an early lunch at the Kiva Koffeehouse, I set out on the two and a half mile hike to the lower falls on Calf Creek. The trail meanders up a lush canyon and alternates between slick rock and deep sand. The falls pour into a bowl eroded out of the rock into a shallow pool, creating a microclimate unlike that of the surrounding desert. In the creek below the falls, I saw some good-sized trout. I thing they were Brown trout but I am not sure.
The hike out seemed quicker than the hike in but I developed a blister on the ball of my right foot which made the walk a little less pleasant.
By the time I was done with my hike, I did not feel like fixing dinner so I stopped in Boulder to have some food. Once back at my campsite, I collected some driftwood and aspen twigs and had a small fire. I enjoyed watching the birds preparing for the evening. There were swallows darting around catching insects, robins hopping along the ground, and a pair of woodpeckers chasing each other.
P.S.
It looks like a Honda Element convention around here. The three camp sites around me all have Honda Elements parked in front of them.
![]() |
| UtahDayTwo |

No comments:
Post a Comment