I upgraded because my previous bike was getting a little tired and I did not want to trust it on my upcoming
I added the Zero Gravity windscreen, BMW F650 mirrors, tank bag, Kellermann bar end turn signals, and top case from my previous bike and purchased a new set of panniers and center stand. I installed the Touratech GPS mount from the 1000ds but I had to purchase a RAM mount because the 1100S comes with a tapered handlebar, which I did not want to replace with a handlebar with a crossbar.
Everything about the 1100S is a little smoother than the 1000ds. The handlebar riser is rubber mounted, limiting the amount of vibration that comes through the grips. The wet clutch does not have the squealing and rattle that the original dry clutch had. I never minded the noisy dry clutch because it provided the quintessential Ducati sound but I have to admit that I prefer the electric-motor whine of the 1100S.
No comments:
Post a Comment